Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Set The Stage To Engage- Figurative Language Jungle

Hello Fellow Bloggers,

This busy momma actually has her munchkin in bed, with time to spare... so here I am!  Boy did we have some great days before our Christmas Break started... my favorite by far was our Set The Stage to Engage Day.

We have four 5th Grade classes in our school. Our specials block runs from 8-9, so we were able to set up four 1-hour rotations (9-10. 10-11. 11-12, & 1:20-2:20). Each room had a different theme, and a different standard as a focus. We had a Break Out room (Christmas Theme), a Constructing Sentences (construction theme), a Punctuation Resturant, and my room was a Figurative Language Safari/Jungle.

In my room students rotated between 5 different figurative language activities. Below you can take a peek into my classroom transformation. <3












No comments:

Post a Comment